Angle consistency is the most critical and the most elusive element of manual knife sharpening and the Lansky controlled angle sharpening system ensures that your knife edge gets sharpened to the exact bevel you specify. Designed to give your blade a professional, razor sharp edge every time, regardless of your sharpening ability. Excellent for beginners and advanced users alike. The original and legendary controlled angle system is the ultimate in Knife sharpening technology.
The Lansky controlled angle sharpening system allows users to select the sharpening angles that are best suited for their uses as listed below,
17 degree angle: A severe angle recommended for razor blades, fillet knives or similar tools. An extremely sharp but delicate edge.
20 degree angle: A commonly used angle for higher quality blades and provides an excellent edge for kitchen cutlery and slicing knives.
25 degree angle: The recommended angle for most knives that need a durable, sharp edge. Ideal for hunting and outdoor knives.
30 degree angle: An outstanding angle for knives that cut cardboard, rope or carpets. Best for heavy duty use.
- Extra course black hone: (70 grit) for re-prolfiling the bevel grind
- Coarse red hone: (120 grit) for edge reconditioning
- Medium green hone: (280 grit) for sharpening and less frequent touch-ups
- Fine blue hone: (600 grit) for most frequent touch-ups to keep your blade paper slicing sharp
- Ultra fine ceramic yellow hone: (1000 grit) for polishing the edge for a razor sharp edge
- Honing oil: Specially formulated for sharpening
- Easy to use multi angle clamp to hold the blade securely
- Guide rods: One for every hone
- Extra long knife clamp screws for thicker blades included
- Storage case included
- Full instructions included
Lansky Deluxe Knife Sharpening System