This is cut to fit in the X-Case for the Nano, and can be used with L-Pins (sold separately) to form a wind-screen. This is 16 oz. heat resistant Carbon Felt, useful as an ash catcher (for non-flammable and non-damageable surfaces only). Can be used as a hot pad and it also solves the problem that portable stoves have of sinking into soft soil or sand.
We weren’t out to make something to withstand high winds since a wood fire in high winds is a bad idea regardless of your windscreen. For the amount of wind, which I feel is still safe (to have a wood fire) the Carbon Felt as a wind block works great. If you add the flame guard (sold separately) on the other side it works even better.
Note: Direct contact with flames or hot coals will degrade this material.
Can be used as
- Windscreen and ash catcher
- Can be used as a hot pad
- Solves portable stoves sinking in sand or soil
Inserting L-Pins into Carbon Felt:
- On the long side of the Carbon Felt pinch the material between your thumb and index finger.
- Using the L-Pins twist and gently push the pins into the Carbon Felt slowly so you do not poke it through the side walls.
- Slide the pins into the Carbon Felt until L part of pin is completely inserted.
- Use the same holes in the Carbon Felt each time you insert the pins until the spot is worn and then create new holes.
- Weight: Approx. 0.3 oz.
- Width: 4.75"
- Length: 6.75"
- Thickness: Approx. 3/16" not compressed.
Firebox Nano Carbon Felt For X-Case