Like cast iron, food cooked on a seasoned Firebox Frying Pan really does taste better! We're sure you'll notice just how much more delicious your camping meals seem when using our pans. (Seasoning required before use, instructions included and below.)
Firebox Frying Pans are special in the fact that their cooking surface is hard anodized rather than being non stick coated. The hard anodizing process transforms the surface layer into a highly conductive ceramic which has a microstructure which accepts a seasoning. Yes, like cast iron but better. Not only is the Firebox Pan much lighter it also handles better. The Firebox Frying Pan's heat conductivity is way up at 237 where cast iron is only 52. Your Firebox Fry Pan will respond quickly to temperature changes and will heat evenly. Cast iron is slow to heat, slow to cool and can develop hot spots. It's kinda like the difference between driving a big truck VS a sports car.
- Cooking surface is hard anodized and not non-stick coated.
- Hard anodizing process transforms the surface layer into a highly conductive ceramic.
- Lighter than cast iron and handles better.
- Responds quicker to temperature changes, heats evenly.
- No more burning your pan handle, Firebox Frying Pan does not have one.
- Includes universal pan lifter.
- Weight: 15.5oz
Firebox Large Frypan & Lifter